A downloadable game
An entry for the Community Game Jam found over at https://itch.io/jam/cgj
The theme is: The Game is a Liar
My first ever entry into a Game Jam. It was... an experience to say the least. I learned a lot about my weaknesses and flaws, and how challenging coming up with something right off the bat, with a theme, can be.
I'm a little embarrassed to upload this, as I feel like it didn't turn out as great as I'd hoped, but I'll let my inner perfectionist writhe. I wanted there to be more than one enemy and wanted it to be a bit better looking and decorated, but well...
Now, about the Game:
Play as an unnamed protagonist wandering through a dark land avoiding spiders and collecting mysterious pages to burn in the fireplace. You have 5 minutes to complete this task.
- Basic Stealth System, avoid being spotted by the creatures as they're a little harder to shake than they might seem.
- Basic 'Quest' system, A system to remind you how many pages you have left to get.
- 2 Endings, excluding the 'Game Over' quick scene. There is a Good ending and a Bad ending.
- Audio Telegraphing, The music has parts to tell you if a monster sees you or if you're nearing a page.
- Alternative 'No Spiders' version where you are chased by shadows of yourself instead.
Good Ending was bugged and would skip.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.